Monday, August 17, 2015

Quick Dinner: Beef Vegetable Soup


Beef Vegetable Soup
I love Autumn, but it can’t get here fast enough for me. I love the comfort foods, the hoodie weather, and the start of football season (never mind that I don’t understand football...my husband loves it and I love what he loves lol). I make this soup whenever I want the smell of Autumn in my home. Its a really quick meal and it doesn’t take any real skill, which makes it the perfect meal for me since cooking is not my area of expertise. Try it out and tell me in the comment section how it fared in your home. Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 lb. beef stew meat
1 large onion, chopped
6 large carrots, skinned and sliced
4 large potatoes, skinned and roughly chopped
3 stalks of celery, sliced
1 bag of frozen corn
1 bag of frozen green beans
2 cans of sweet peas, drained
1 28 oz. can of tomato puree
1 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes, with juice

Directions

  1. In a large stockpot, heat beef stew meat and fresh vegetables over medium-high heat. Add 3 beef bouillon cubes and salt and pepper, to taste.  Cook until meat is browned and bouillion cubes are melted. Stir frequently.
  2. Once meat is browned, drain the contents of the stockpot.
  3. Place everything back into the pot and add the can of diced tomatoes, tomato paste or puree, 2 more bouillion cubes and whatever canned or frozen veggies you have. You can add more salt and pepper if necessary.
  4. Cover the pot, reduce the heat to low, and allow to cook for about 30 minutes. Enjoy!



(I actually made this soup really late at night when I was sleepy; I ended up going to bed, completely forgetting to take a final picture. Sorry lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment