Monday, August 29, 2016

MY Second Trimester Essentials


Absolutely nothing beats the ease of the Second Trimester, commonly referred to as the "honeymoon period", and for very good reason. Your awkward baby bloat has finally turned into a really cute baby bump, the morning sickness hopefully has made its exit, and if you're interested, you could even learn the sex of your baby! For all of its perks, the second trimester isn't without its drawbacks: think itchy skin from all the growing, difficulty finding comfortable positions, and the ever prominent "mommy brain." Growing a baby is taxing. Here's a few things that helped me get through weeks 13-27.


With the beautiful baby bump comes the worst dry skin itch ever! My skin was absolutely parched. So I have to confess, when I'm pregnant I am the biggest wimp. I complain like nobody's business....NO ONE and I mean no one cares lol. My family has decided that with each pregnancy they will ignore my incessant whining with utmost zeal.

Once I realized no one was listening, I decided to go ahead and heal myself. I remembered I'd purchased Shea Moisture's Raw Shea Butter Chamomile and Argan Oil Baby Eczema Therapy and Oyin Handmade's Whipped Pudding Moisture Cream when I was desperately seeking a solution to Rose's winter eczema. They didn't work for her, but I figured it wouldn't hurt me to try it out on myself. Amazing! The smells of each of these products is nice and subtle, so they didn't upset my stomach or give me a headache. And the richness was just what my skin needed in order to calm down the dryness.

Sugar Scrubs are also good at moisturizing the skin. You can either purchase one or make some at home. Either way your skin will thank you. 

I got rid of most of my maternity clothes after I had the Super Twins, but I found a hand-me-down Bella Band in one of my storage containers (Thanks Shelly!) If you're short on funds or you're just not willing to commit to purchasing an entire maternity wardrobe that you're probably only gonna use once, then the Bella Band is something you may want to consider. Its just a piece of fabric that I pull over my pants to keep them from falling down while allowing me to wear my pants unbuttoned. I was able to continue wearing my normal pants for a few extra months.

I enjoyed this trimester. I had so much energy this time (completely different from my twin pregnancy). Did you have any special essentials during your second trimester? Share with me in the comments I'd love to know.






No comments:

Post a Comment