Friday, September 11, 2015

I Scream, You Scream, the Super Twins Screamed for Ice Cream

What do I associate with the Summer? The sound of cicadas. The blazing heat and unrelenting humidity. The Children’s Festival. Bounce houses and circus tents. The smell of the local paper mill. Listening to oldies on 107.7 with Bobby J as the disk jockey. Summertime as a little girl meant spending the summer in the country with my Nanny and summertime at Nanny’s meant homemade ice cream. Nana Rose is no longer with us to recreate these moments with my children, but she indelibly made a mark in my life. A mark that I intend to pass down to my children and one day my own grandchildren. Here is a recipe for homemade vanilla soft serve ice cream that I got from the user manual to my soft serve ice cream maker.


You will need:
⅔ cup whole milk
½ cup sugar
1 ⅓ cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Aroma Twisty Treat Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker


What You'll Do:


1. In a bowl combine the whole milk and the sugar.

2. Mix the milk and sugar until the sugar has dissolved using a hand mixer on the low speed setting.

3. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla extract. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
4. Pour refrigerated mixture into mixing canister of the soft serve maker. Let it mix until you've reached the desired consistency.

5.Enjoy with your love bug!





No comments:

Post a Comment