Tuesday, January 19, 2016

2016 Book List So Far

Its important for my girls to read lots of books, but its just as important for them to see me lost in a book as well. I love books. I like the way the pages feel on my fingers and yes, I admit I am a "book sniffer." I don't care what you say lol. Its my thing.

Reading allows me to get lost in another dimension. Another world. It allows me to learn about the past and create my own future. It also gives me something to talk about with my husband besides the kids and housework lol.

"Anywho", for the beginning months of the year I've decided to revisit some old classics that I read in college. I love reading and I love African-American History. I'm spending this year boning up on my African American and Nigerian (my ancestors were of Yoruba and Igbo descent) history so that I can incorporate what I've learned into some arts and crafts projects for the girls next year. These are the books I'm starting with. Allez viens!!! Come along with me.

Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass by Frederick Douglass

My Bondage and My Freedom by Frederick Douglass

Up From Slavery by Booker T. Washington

Character Building by Booker T. Washington

The Church of the Cosmic Mother: Metaphysics for the African American Seeker by Deborah Turner-Bey

The Souls of Black Folk by W. E. B Du Bois


Go Tell It on the Mountain by James Baldwin

Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment