Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Grocery Shopping with the Super Twins...How I Do It

1. Go early in the morning or extremely late at night. Because I have twins people usually stop me over and over  while I'm trying to get through my shopping. Because everything is about perfect timing with my little girls I really need to get through my trips quickly. I choose to go to the grocery store at times where most people aren't going to shop. I go early at the exact time of opening or late at night an hour before closing (At night I am not alone and believe me, you don't want to run up on King lol). When they were younger this was a bigger hassle. As they've gotten older, I've noticed that if I dress them the same I will never finish shopping. So I usually DON'T. lol People really are intrigued by twins for some strange reason. My fraternal twins are no more alike than you and your sibling.

2. Get Help! When I need to do a huge grocery haul I enlist the help of my husband or my mother in love. My husband doesn't look that friendly so people don't stop him to ask him questions about his girls lol. And my Mother-In-Love is the friendliest and most patient person you will ever meet. I have them push the girls either in their stroller or in a basket while I shop completely uninterrupted.

3. Create a grocery list and list it in order of where you'll find these items in the store. I LOVE the grocery store. I know where everything is. My list is in order...I don't waste time looking for anything.

4. I make sure my girls are fed, dry, and well-rested beforehand. Most meltdowns have something to do with not being prepared or not paying attention to the needs of your Little Bosses. I worked in healthcare. I always needed to anticipate my patients' needs so that I never felt rushed. This is no different. 

5. I let them touch the veggies after I've picked them. Sounds simple. Sounds like it wouldn't make a difference, but it does. I don't have babies anymore. They are aware of their surroundings. I include them. We literally have a conversation about what I'm shopping for, what I'm gonna cook with it, and why I've picked that particular produce item..."Green peppers with 3 bumps are males and are better for eating raw while peppers with 4 bumps are like mommy, firmer and better for cooking" lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment