Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Sweet Summer Adventures of the Super Twins

I am so behind in my blog posts...lol. Its hard keeping up with the Super Twins. They are full of so much energy. Everyday they discover something new and I thank God that I am getting to relive each and every experience and discovery with them. Its like my life has been restarted. I'm so in love. Anywho, this post is about some of the ways I tire...I mean some of the ways I entertained the girls this summer.

I don't call them the Super Twins without reason. These girls give me a run for my money each and everyday. At the end of the day I'm just as exhausted as they are. Summers aren't just for lounging when you have twins. Its about getting up at the butt crack of dawn to cook breakfast, pick out clothes, load up the car, and tackle as many places as we can in one day. We had a designated Library day, Story Time Day at Barnes and Noble, playground day, visiting Granny and Paw Paw is always an included activity, and Fridays at the Fountain with Daddy was a really fun activity.  We get around town! People think because I'm a stay-at-home mom that we just stay indoors, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I was a rip and runner before I had kids and I intend on ripping and running with the girls. Again, we get around lol.



Imagination Play Date was an activity hosted by our local town center and held every Thursday midmorning until early afternoon. The kids could run through the water sprinklers and build things with the plush foam water toys. Sensory play is very important as its the easiest way to engage young toddlers and get them learning about the world around them. Plus, being out in the sun regulates that oh so important body clock; great for regulating sleep-wake cycles. I feel like everyday my ultimate goal is to ensure that bedtime is easy and quick lol. Say what you want, but 7pm is Mommy's time. I don't want a child awake in my house after 7.

I so enjoyed the summer, but I am absolutely loving the Fall. I can't wait to show you guys what we've been up to so far. Check back soon!!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment