Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Baby Prep and A Vent Session


I've learned so much from other mom blogs and youtube vloggers. I've learned that the burst of energy you get during the second trimester is the perfect time to get everything squared away for the impending birth. We've gone ahead and stacked the girls bunk beds and assembled the crib. I've cleaned out the girls closets and paired down their playroom significantly. I am so excited about having these things done so early. While I still have quite a few more things to do within the next few weeks I have created a game plan and I am confident that we will execute this to perfection. The car seat is already installed and the breast pump is already sanitized. The girls haven't really caught on that someone is coming or rather Rose doesn't seem to notice any differences, but my ever aware Addi has reached the pinnacle of her clingiest self. She hugs my belly, she refuses to allow her father to hold her hand or pick her up which leaves it to mommy lol. I wish I could say I'm irritated by it, but I'm more than flattered. So what's up next:


  • Pair down on the girls clothes and separate all the smaller items into a bin and store at the top of the closet until we know the sex of the baby. We don't intend on finding out the sex so we'll have this bin until June. At least these items will already be sorted, laundered, and folded so if they're going to be used by us they're already ready and if they need to be donated they again are already ready.

  • Clear out a cabinet and sanitize a few bottles and pacifiers. We intend to breastfeed again, but at least we'll be prepared just in case.

  • Begin purchasing and storing diapers.

  • Begin purchasing, laundering, and storing gender neutral onesies and outfits.

  • Pull the baby glider and bassinet out of storage. Clean them and set them up.

  • Begin scheduling and seeing the pediatrician for the girls, the dentist, the optometrist, and the general practitioner for me and King. And go ahead and let the pediatrician know about the upcoming baby and scheduling an appointment with the lactation consultant at our ped's office. 




No comments:

Post a Comment