Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Daddy, Mommy and The Super Twins visit the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame

I am absolutely NOT a sports fan. I completely understand the basics of football, basketball, baseball, and tennis, but they are all snooze fests for me. No matter how much I try to make myself care, if only for the sake of my husband, I just can't do it. I'm slowly embracing this small fact about myself, however I LOOOOOOVVVEEE my King. Like really love him. Its disgusting actually, so sometimes I set aside my personal disinterest because I realize that if I really want to see my "reserved man of few words" light up I have to get him into his element.
Every year the Smithsonian Magazine hosts a Free Museum Day all over the country. All you have to do is print tickets off their website. So one Saturday morning I planned an adventure with him in mind. Enter the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame. Cue the wide smile from my beautiful husband lol.
Daddy told his girls all about Monica Wright, Arthur Ashe, Tiki Barber, and Robert Griffin III. He told them about some of the well-known sports announcers and he rallied off stats like he was a contestant on Jeopardy. 
The girls got into some of the interactive exhibits, but for the most part they didn't quite appreciate Daddy's love for athleticism.

And you know what? That's ok. In time they will. This will be something they share with their Father. They will mention to future boyfriends, "If you want my Daddy to let you take me out you better know something about the Redskins because that's his team." 

They will learn the heart of their Father.


No comments:

Post a Comment