Monday, February 1, 2016

Black Owned Business Spotlight: Mango Mangeaux...Are You Ready For This Jelly?






I had the opportunity to visit a wonderful black owned restaurant in downtown Hampton a couple weeks ago and boy, I was blown away. If you're familiar with the ABC hit show "Shark Tank" you may have heard of Simply Panache, an event and planning group started by Nzinga Teule-Hekima, Lakesha Brown-Renfro, and Tanecia Willis. The "Mango Ladies" as they are affectionately called by their customers used to cater events, but they've since evolved their business into a gourmet mango preserves manufacturing center. 

While they weren't able to secure investors from Shark Tank they didn't let that stop them. Not only have they started Simply Panache Nail Bar and Pedi Spa located at 23 South Mallory Street Hampton, VA 23666, they've opened Mango Mangeaux: A Simply Panache Bistro located at 33 East Mellen Street Hampton, VA 23666. 

I ordered the "Choose Hampton" a delicious and very meaty crabcake sandwich with a mixed green salad. It was absolutely amazing. A lot of the time when I order a crabcake from restaurants they give you so much breading and you barely get any crab...you know...the thing you ACTUALLY wanted lol, but not at Mango Mangeaux. It was hot, fresh, extra meaty...just all-around delicious. They gave me so much I had to box up half of my sandwich to take home. 

I also love the decor of the restaurant. The orange and gray are so vibrant and I love the use of their signature mango preserves containers as floral vases. It is a quaint restaurant, but that makes conversation extra intimate and the atmosphere very cozy. The service was also impeccable. So far, I've only had the lunch menu, but they offer breakfast and dinner and I can't wait to try them both!






Choose Hampton $13

Pasta Mangeaux with Garlic French Bread $15







No comments:

Post a Comment