Thursday, April 6, 2017

"I Can't Wanna Get My Hair Washed Mommy!"


I think it's funny when children are learning the English language. There is nothing cuter to me than when the girls mix up where to put certain words. Oh, I love it. Right now Rose is learning how to communicate, but she's also fighting for autonomy. She "can't wanna" is her new thing. "I can't wanna get my hair washed mommy!" " I can't wanna go to bed." "I can't wanna stay with Granny!" And because I'm petty I coax her into using this phrase a lot. I'll tell her I'm gonna wash her hair knowing that she's going to say, "I can't wanna get my hair washed mommy!" I just like her little voice. 

I know there are some people from the "old school" who think you need to correct a kid every time they make a mistake, but I don't. She isn't cursing. She isn't falling all over the place when she says it. She's being 3. At some point, she's naturally going to stop saying this and admittedly I'm going to be sad. I wish they could stay this small forever. 3 is the best age so far.






BEDA Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment