Thursday, March 17, 2016

Letters, Numbers, and Sounds


My husband and I have dubbed Rosie, "Mouth Almighty" (don't worry we don't say it to her face we mostly just text it amongst ourselves lol). 

I've decided to take advantage of the parrot-like phase of her development by getting her to count every stair as we walk down them, asking her to name the colors of the jack rocks we play with, and encouraging her to repeat after me when I name shapes.  I've had to really pay attention to the things I and others say around her because she repeats the embarrassing phrases at the MOST inopportune times. Its funny how that works. Can't pay her to say, "Mommy I have to use the potty", but pick any choice phrase and she says it clear as day in front of her grandparents. Oh joy. 

Addi is our singer and noise-maker. She has this thing about singing at the top of her lungs. The only problem is she only sings one note and that one note is dreadful lol. She also really loves dogs, so I'm working with her on recognizing animal sounds. So far so good. She has dog barks and cat meows down pat. Hopefully she'll naturally find another note to sing...one can dream.

I don't expect either of them to really know what they're doing or saying but I at least want to encourage them. 

I bought these number signs and shapes from one of our local parent-teacher shops. So far, we've mostly just been using household items. I can't wait to show them our new goodies :)


No comments:

Post a Comment