Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Introducing Little Miss Ryian Paris...



The night before you were born I started having contractions...I didn't think too much about it because even though I'd lost my mucous plug a few days prior I've never experienced labor symptoms. I didn't get much sleep that night. The morning of your birth Rosie woke up at the butt crack of dawn and demanded to watch little Einstein's. I obliged. I cut it on and continued to agonize. She paid me no mind lol. I continued to have contractions. They continued to get stronger and regular. I took a shower hoping the hot water would soothe me, but the contractions, of course got even more painful. I called your Granny. She knew I was different. She came running. Your Daddy on the other hand...he's so stinking cool about everything. Nothing can make him change the pace of his walk or the calm in his voice. He took his sweet old time driving home from work.

We headed to the hospital. I didn't progress but labor was imminent. I ended up having  you via repeat cesarean. I was awake for your birth...that was the only request I made. I didn't get to hear your sisters and that has stuck with me everyday of their lives.

I was so nervous to get the spinal, but your Daddy calmed me down with just the sound of his voice singing the lyrics to Stevie Wonder's "As" in my ear. "As now can't reveal the mystery of tomorrow, but in passing we'll grow older everyday. Just as all that's born is new, do know all I say is true, that I'll be loving you always." You'll come to learn that this is my song for your father. When they told me they were going to use general anesthesia when I gave birth to your sisters I had my nurse go to your father and tell him "Until the day that you are me and I am you." I tell him that whenever I'm overwhelmed or scared or just when I'm overcome with the wave of love. I love HARD and that's how I promise to love you.

They lifted you up over the sheet so I could see you, but I'd taken my contacts out before we'd gone inside. I'm blind as a bat without those things. When am I going to learn? Ever the jokester, I asked your Daddy, "Is she an uggmug?" To which he replied, "Absolutely not. She's gorgeous."

I had a postpartum hemorrhage. I blacked out. My blood pressure dropped into the 40s. You brought all the excitement Little One, but I wouldn't change a thing about the day. You are amazing! You are so loved! We can't wait to watch you grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment