Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Self Care is a Divine Responsibility



I'm quite sure as a mom it is easy to give so much of yourself to your babies, your spouse, your job, your faith, etc. without taking some time out for yourself, but I would advise all of my friends to TAKE the time. 

Look your hubby in the eye and say, "Babe, you take the kids I need a minute." Go treat yourself to lunch at an actual restaurant. Go to the bookstore, grab a book, find a corner, and just relax. Don't think about the babies or your other responsibilities. They'll still be there waiting for you when you get back.

It's important to take the time and fall in love with yourself; completely separate from the roles you play in the lives of others. You have to remember who you were before you wore all these hats. Yes, I am my King's wife and the mom of the Super Twins, BUT I am Paris FIRST. I am quirky. I love history. I love The Read Podcast because it is laden with curse words...DON'T judge me...a few F bombs never killed anyone. I love Beyonce, but Jay-Z is who I really Stan for (I chose my girls birthday and I'm proud of December 4th lol) and yes, I AM a card carrying member of the Beyhive! I get just as much enjoyment listening to Bach as I do Erykah Badu and I duly analyze them both. I like conspiracy theories. I like anthropology. I like watching the Golden Girls. In my mind Bea Arthur was my grandma all the way, but when Betty White dies I'm GOING TO CRY HYSTERICALLY! I realize I've ventured off...let me sum it up...
I cling to my individuality like a life vest! 

Once a week, I take myself to a movie. I take myself out to lunch. Sometimes I just run a hot bubble bath after I put the girls to bed and I just listen to all the ratchet music I used to listen to before I bagged their father lol. Whatever it takes. Just renew yourself. You can't give to others without filling your own cup.


No comments:

Post a Comment