Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Practice What You Preach


I absolutely HATE liver! I remember my mom making this a few times when I was a kid. I feel like at some point I actually used to enjoy this cut of beef, BUT she let me touch it while it was raw and I never touched it again lol. She won't let me live that down btw, but I digress. Here's how I did it. I cut the liver into teeny little pieces and mixed it up real good with the rice and gravy. Then I ate big spoonfuls until all the meat was gone! Here's WHY I did it. I often tell the kids they have to open their mouths and eat. They're at that age where picky eating is common. Their tastebuds are still developing...if I let them they would only eat pancakes for every meal of the day. They're also at the age where they want to do whatever I'm doing. If I tell them to do something and then I don't do the same, what am I really teaching them? I am their first teacher. I have to be the example and I take that responsibility very seriously. Liver womps! But I bought it, it's cooked, and I'm not gonna waste it. Here's to being a leader!

No comments:

Post a Comment