Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Grateful for Growth



Today I am grateful for growth. Today my babies graduated from cribs to big girl beds! Slowly, we're trudging through potty training. It's bittersweet though. When I look at them I don't see them as big girls. I'm still viewing them the same way I viewed them when they were handed to me at birth, but that's not who they are anymore. Rosie isn't sick anymore; she's strong and sassy with tons of energy. She loves books, counting to 3, dancing, and watching Barney. Addi isn't needy anymore. She's extremely independent, assertive, and fearless. She loves dolls, trains, and cookies with her PawPaw. She's not a big talker, but she's very expressive. All that to say, these gifts from God are no longer blank slates. Things do and always will change. I just hope they don't change too fast. I just want to hold them a little bit longer.

--Post from June 22, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment