Thursday, August 27, 2015

2 Year Wedding Anniversary

6 years ago, fed up with my horrible taste in men I decided to stop trying to force mess to look like gold. I focused on school and work. I prayed and prayed and prayed. In a fit ( don't try to act like you've never been frustrated and foolishly thought of blaming God...I've already asked for forgiveness) I challenged God. I said, "My taste in men is absolutely horrible. I can't find anyone who wants to take me seriously; someone who wants to treat me the way my Daddy said a good man would treat me. If you can do better....send me one." When I worked at the local hospital we used to have these sessions in the morning called Huddles. After I muttered that wack prayer to God, I looked across the room and there was Cordero. He had a head full of beautiful black hair and the most gorgeous eyes I'd ever seen in my life. I had seen him before, but I had never SEEN him. He was a quiet storm. So calm. So reserved. So gentle. And when he opened his mouth and spoke to me I knew God had answered my prayer immediately. He's been my best friend. The best mirror, the best partner, and my greatest supporter. Happy Anniversary King!


God shole is funny. Isn't He?


-Originally Posted February 15, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment