Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Gotta Go, Gotta Go, Gotta Go Right Now!


Rosie had her first "I gotta pee right now" emergency. This whole potty trained thing is hilarious to me. I hate public restrooms...scratch that...I LOATHE them ENTIRELY, so I told Corey to pull over in a parking lot and let her pee outside. You may say I'm being disgusting and a tad dramatic, but I hate the confines of a nasty restroom THAT MUCH! She's MY child though, which translates to being fancy, prissy and overall difficult, so of course she refused. I feel so bad for her future husband. Ahh well.

We stopped at a hotel and again, I tried to get out of the public restroom experience, so I asked my husband to take her. I'd like to believe I have a typical father-daughter relationship with The Most High. I whine and He aligns everything just right so that I'm forced to do what I'm supposed to do which is usually the thing I. Don't. Want. To. Do. It womps, but it's funny when I really think about it. Today, he aligned everything so that Rosie screamed, "Mommy, you gotta come!" Who can turn that down? I thought I was off scott free, but alas that would not be the case. I took her and surprisingly, or unsurprisingly depending on your experience with kids and your "just do it and get it over with " take on life, it was a pretty cool experience. I lined the toilet with tissue like my mom showed me to do almost 30 years ago and I sat her down. The restroom was fairly clean which totally helped. I sat her down and she handled her business and quickly hopped off. It was so fast I didn't get to tell her "don't touch anything. let me help you down." so, she touched the toilet and got her own pee on her hands. She swore up and down she didn't want to wash her hands (we're going through a phase where she "can't wanna" do anything; it's cute and annoying all at the same, but I won't complain; at least she's assertive about what she wants. Once she discovered the automatic soap dispenser she was taken aback. "Mommy, I gotta try it again!" lol. She attempted to play in the sink water. I caught her thinking about it, so I told her about the difference in personal restrooms and public ones, but I'm so sure she didn't give two cares. She was excited about putting her paper towel into the stepstool trashcan and I grabbed her hands, but her little foot popped open the trash can and the "delightful" smell of used feminine hygiene products slapped her right in the face lol. 

All in all I'd say this was a great visit to the restroom. Now, if I could just get my mama's girl Addi to stop screaming whenever she's left with her Dad and baby sister that'd be great. Poor thing cried the whole time we used the restroom. She's going through a drooling phase. Seriously, where does this crap come from? lol. Anywho, the public restroom didn't kill us, but I'm bringing a potty chair next time so she can use it in the car. I hate shared restrooms. Fight me!



No comments:

Post a Comment