Tuesday, October 25, 2016

What's In My Hospital Bag





My Hospital Bag Checklist

  • License, insurance card, pre-registration forms
  • a folder for all the papers the hospital will give you
  • comfortable outfit to wear home (bring something you were able to fit when you were 6 months pregnant)
  • lip balm
  • shower shoes
  • phone and charger
  • toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shower gel, lotion, coconut oil, deodorant)
  • going home outfit for baby
  • car seat already installed
  • contact lens case and solution
  • face wash

I wore everything the hospital provided...i.e. gowns, underwear, and pads. Delivery and postpartum care is messy! Why waste your good panties?

I did, however, bring my own toiletries. The hospital provides soap and things, but I like to smell like myself. Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Body Wash and Lotion to perk me up for the morning and my Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Sleep Lavender and Vanilla Body Wash and Lotion for bedtime.

My hospital provides onesies, diapers, wipes, and pacifiers. I didn't have to bring anything for my baby. And what's great is you can take everything you didn't use home with you.

We purposely did not announce the birth this time so we could bond with our child. It was so important to me that I have this bonding experience all to myself, well, and my husband. I didn't get that when the Super Twins were born and it definitely contributed to my postpartum depression. Because we didn't have visitors, I didn't need to pack a bra or nursing cover. If you can handle tons of visitors then invite them all! There's no rule, but my advice would be to get your rest. Take advantage of the nurses and lactation consultants. Get all the help you can! Take the pain meds if you need them, eat really big meals, and relax because when you get home the work truly begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment